April 13, 2015

5 Things You Should Be Buying at Real Deals (or another dollar store)

I have a confession. I have a slight obsession with Real Deals. I stop almost every week to see what's new. If you are wary about going to Real Deals or a dollar store, don't be. Unless you have tons of extra money to spend on things you need, then you can skip this post. Otherwise, let me tell you about 5 things you are missing out on at Real Deals.

1. Picture Frames

They have tons of 4x6, 5x7 and 8x11 frames.That Home Trends frame is sold at Walmart but I got it for $1 at Real Deals.They have mats for your frames too.
I bought these hinged frames from there for our wedding's table numbers. I spray painted them white-they were originally teal and pink. Now they hold our wedding and honeymoon photos.
I put this together in about one minute and hung it in the foyer of my house. This cute free printable is from Heather at Whipperberry. I feel like I can maintain some seasonal festivity by buying cheap frames and adding a free printable. No tablescapes here, this is all I can manage.

2. Spray Paint

Are you still paying $5 for a can of spray paint? Really?! Real Deals is gold mine. A gold mine of spray paint. I have no less than 15 cans of name brand spray paint in my basement. They have all kinds of fancy spray paint and plain good ol' spray paint too. Spray paint can be a quick update for picture frames, furniture, pencils, bins, baskets...you get the idea.

3. Chocolate

Yes. Chocolate. Real Deals has food, most importantly chocolate. Name brand, delicious dark chocolate. Chocolate is good for you (Google it). And I get the individually wrapped ones so I don't eat a whole bar. But then I put a bag in my car, my desk, my fridge and pantry. So maybe that theory isn't working. 
When it comes to food products just make sure to check the expiration date. Sometimes the expiration date is within a few months or a year away. These need to be consumed ASAP. The way we eat chocolate it shouldn't be a problem.

4. Craft Supplies

My Real Deals dedicates half an aisle to craft-ish products. Most of them are cheap or busts. However, there are often a few select name brand items on the shelves.  I came across Elmer Glue Dot Stampers in the past and stocked up. I even gave them as stocking stuffers because they are so awesome. These retail for $9 to $12!!!
Here is what they had this week. Once again, name brand products for $1. You can't get these prices at Staples, Joanne's or Walmart.
Foam rollers and bulletin board stuff.
Lots of pipe cleaners and pom poms. 
Velcro, Perler Beads, glue.
This is ever changing. If you see something you like, get it. It probably won't be there the following week. 

5. Office and School Supplies

I like office supplies. A lot. It was/is my favorite part of back to school shopping. Real Deals has a ton of school and office supplies. From envelopes, bubble mailers, Duct Tape, bulletin board stuff to desktop organization. 
I grabbed these poly organizational folders. There are 8 plastic folders inside. and they are slighter larger than copy paper which makes it easier to hold art projects! Plus they are cute! 
Pockets inside to hold stuff! Studio C is a name brand and sold at several stores. Once again, just $1
Last week I could have bought a dozen Mr. Sketch pink markers for $1. I have an odd abundance of pink markers so I didn't grab these (even though they smelled delicious).
Here are some more Studio C products. This was an 8 pack of folders. Adorable!  

So hopefully I have convinced you that Real Deals is not a scary place and that you can save lots of money on name brand products you need anyways. If you see one around, stop and check it out, you will be amazed at what you can get there! 
**All opinions are my own, I was not paid for this post, I just really like this store.**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts