January 27, 2019

Easy and Cheap Valentine's Day Project

I was in the Dollar Tree the other day and they have a HUGE Valentine’s section! It’s been a while since I have been to one and things sure have changed! 
I saw this love sign and thought it’d be cute for our foyer. 

Then I thought the boys could paint it. Then I thought I’ll buy a few extras for my mom and MIL. They may get them for Valentine’s Day or Mother’s Day...TBA. 
I plan on putting a picture of the boys in the ‘O’ .
So painting with toddlers...



Sam has been painting since he was 9 months old. We started with paper and paints in a zip top bag, and moved to naked painting in a giant cardbord box. We use acrylic paint mostly because it lasts, but Crayola finger paint when we are just having fun. Sometimes we add shaving cream and use different tools. Currently he has a 16 pack of Prang watercolors in my studio and a mug of water with brushes he can use as he wants. 
I’m not afraid of making a mess and neither is he. Both of you wear old clothes, monitor them while they paint, let them explore and it all comes off at bath time. 
So I gave him a tray of red and white acrylic paint and a chubby brush. 

I prefer the marbled look so I let him dunk and mix if he wanted. 
TIP: Do projects after naps because everyone is happy. 
TIP #2- I made a makeshift apron out of old fabric by cutting a circle in the center and throwing it over his head. ðŸ˜†

He did so good painting and filling the letters with paint! I pointed out a few brown spots (the original color) and he painted them. 
So there you have it! An easy, cheap Valentine’s gift or decor for you!
Tw

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts