February 8, 2014

From Dot Day to Planet Project

One of my students proudly showed off her 5th grade planet project from her classroom to me  this week.

Emily's Planet Project- Oil Pastels on Black Foam Core
I couldn't help but smile over her excitement and seeing her apply our one day International Dot Day project to another part of her life-Interdisciplinary without trying! Emily has been a gifted artist since kindergarten...check out her gallery here.
Emily's dot day project in oil pastels.
 The classroom teacher did ask me if I could help his students with this, but with a two week notice and the students being in the middle of a ocarina project I couldn't. The students did their own planet project at home instead and showed them off to me as they passed by in the hallway with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts