March 5, 2015

#ThrowbackThursday - Art Teacher Style

I am beyond excited to reveal my #throwbackthursday to my 6th graders today!

I have been somewhat secretly been saving all their portraits since they were in kindergarten. In kindergarten, we made life size self portraits. It was my first year teaching elementary art and I had a grand idea that would take 7 years accomplish. What if we made portraits each year and then during their last year did a retrospective show?
I can't wait to see their reactions!!!!
Well it's here!!! EEEKKKK! 

I hung up their recently completed 6th grade portraits along with them. Wow...have they grown! And so have I! The kindergarten life size portrait project is still happening, but with many changes. I trace the students now, they get a head stencil to trace themselves and we use tempera sticks. Read more about the project over here.

Do you do self-portraits with your students? How about portfolios? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts