July 16, 2014

What a Weekend- Artisan Show and Life Recap!

Whew! I survived my first two day art show in Skaneateles, NY! We had beautiful weather and a steady crowd both days. I had spent the past two weeks in my studio prepping, creating, brainstorming, glazing and firing. I am not looking forward to the electricity bill from the 6 firings I did! Check out the post I did on my in progress work. 
Mugs, chip and dip bowls. 
Here are some pictures from the show and my wares!
Thankful for two friends who brought me beverages! 
Bottle Tags and some new chalkboard clothespin signs! 
Easy Signage- Chalkboard Paint, Wooden Shapes, spray painted clothespins. 

Pretty proud I solved my dilemma of packaging wares. A few 2x3's, a brainstorm and I was able to hang my tissue paper and bags off of it. This takes up very little space in the booth and the car! Woot!

Half the booth.
Slow down dog bowls
After this show I had to immediately dash to a friend's wedding reception which resulted in my fastest break down ever!
Used some fondant to create the couple. =) 
Then the following morning the husband and I celebrated our first anniversary by heading to Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. We had amazing weather, did some beach walking, ate amazing food and most importantly delicious beer. The original purpose of the trip was to visit our favorite brewery,Dogfish Head , which we toured on way home, all the beaches and ocean were just bonuses! 
At the beach, on the boardwalk, oyster sampler, beer selection at DogFish and the SteamPunk Tree House outside the brewery
So I spent Tuesday, unpacking and tackling some much neglected housework. Today, I am photographing and uploading items to the Etsy Shop. Check it out here!  Once I get that done, I am reviewing the Art of Ed schedule and gearing up for the 6 hour summer conference tomorrow!

That sums up my three weeks of summer vacation! How is your summer going?
Did you miss these?
Studio Day- Getting My Hands Dirty!
50 Boredom Busters for Kids!
Get more updates!
Instagram (MicheleGorham)
 Facebook (Scoville's Studio and Creative Corner)
Twitter @mycornerNY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts